With our belief in the importance of "still the mind, open the heart, nuture the body, and honor the soul" Three Sisters' Spirit opened its doors in November of 2008. Our vision was to create a place of respite from the hectic pace of every day life.

Whether it's heart centered gifts, (everything from the irreverent to the sacred) a wellness sanctuary for the mind, body and spirit (offering individual sessions of reiki, massage, integrative therapies, counseling and life coaching) or programs, classes, training and workshops to empassion the soul and ignite the creative spark, Three Sisters' Spirit offers guidance, encouragement, and support.


Wednesday, May 19, 2010

living with creativity

“Too many people live and die with their music still unplayed.” Katherine Hepburn

We are all naturally creative, and we all have a creative gift that is authentically ours, wanting and waiting to be expressed...

Sometimes this gift is written, sung, painted, spoken or danced. At other times it shows up through things like cooking, growing a business, raising a child, designing a home, building a guitar, or bringing an idea into the world.  No matter what form it ultimately takes, our creativity is one of the most unique and precious aspects of who we are.

But, something gets in the way of our natural creative flow..

Often leaving us feeling blocked or stuck around our desire to manifest our creativity. We tell ourselves it's ok, it’s not that important. We let other things and people get in the way and don't feel justified in making creativity a priority in our lives.

In our busy modern society we have convinced ourselves there isn’t enough time for us to take the time to nurture our authentic selves. We’ve all felt ourselves worn down by the requirements and responsibilities of our lives; a never ending “to do” list, and years of putting the needs of others ahead of our own. Every time we think about taking time for our creativity, we torture ourselves with "should(s)" and “ought to(s)” and feeling guilty, we once again set ourselves aside.

We’ve all heard the importance of living a calmer, more enriched and balanced life…

It isn’t that we don’t want or recognize the importance of living a life of balance. We’ve all fantasized about or dreamt of fully embracing our creativity; setting up our easels and gathering our brushes, writing the first paragraph of the first chapter of our first book, take the photos that impassion us, or pick up the instrument that has sat silently in the corner over the years.

“A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.” (Confuscious)

Most often it’s that we simply don’t know where to start. We’ve lost touch with our natural creative source, the core creative energy that allows us to feel nourished, grounded, fully alive and connected to ourselves and others.

"I hear and I forget.  I see and I remember.  I do and I understand."  (Hafiz)

That’s why we at Three Sister’s Spirit have committed ourselves to provide the support, encouragement and guidance you need to reconnect you to your own path of living life fully – mind, body and spirit.

Our basic philosophy is based on the belief that creative self expression is an important and often under utilized tool for those on the path of spiritual and psychological growth. And that creativity is an essential ingredient of success and satisfaction in any and every area of our lives.

Taking the time and making the space for your intuitive and creative self to come out will reconnect you with a greater sense of meaning and purpose, renew your soul, heal your spirit, keep your inner spark alive and allow you greater intimacy with the full depths of your being, ultimately helping you maintain greater flexibility in the face of life's many challenges.

It’s not about the finished 'product', it’s about the process…

Our approach isn’t about ‘fixing what’s broken” but rather reconnecting you to what is already within you. Our approach is on learning how to encourage and value your natural, spontaneous and creative self.

Our classes, workshops, gathering groups and individual wellness services are a place for you to feel seen, heard and validated as you engage in the process of spiritual and emotional self discovery and exploration.

We are here to help you take that first step - where would you like to start? 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Three Sisters' Spirit,

I have been blessed ever since Queen Dani called for me to come and since than I have had opportunities to share and receive much love, inspiration, divinity, and spark of life. I am so happy to be a part of such a group and I enjoy the new discoveries of people, ideas, and myself as I seek to recreate myself each day. It's also just plain fun.

It was funny I was in the middle of writing my blog Azurebreeze Creations that I was inspired to comment on this blog. Thinking about my entire time at Three Sisters' Spirit since it opened I have come to realize how much my well has been filled up time and time again just by being at Three Sister's Spirit. I come to realize that Three Sisters' Spirit is my favorite Artist's Date. I have come for Barbara Stephan's music sharing the divine spirit. I have been inspired to make a refrigerator altar with Kim Tedford and the Home Altars: Changing Conscious. I have helped develop my focus and purpose in life with the Life GPS course with Rick Paddock. I have been blessed with participating in the Moon Circle connecting heart to heart with feminine wisdom. I also have been blessed with creative inspiration being friends with Carolyn Gaar and Queen Dani. Three Sisters' Spirit is more than just a store and wellness sanctuary. It is a source of creative fire and divine healing. A place that is a great source of love.

I walk out their doors I believe more and more that I am an artist. I see clearly after reading Queen Dani's story about her Great Grandmother as an artist, I see and know the link is I'm an artist too. I am believing in my creative power for the first time in my life. I just am expressing myself and manifesting my vision all around me it's powerful. I am able to give more to the world when I invest in my creative self. I finally feel like I am following my correct divine path. I am just now seeing that what's most important is not the destination but the journey itself.

Love,
Bodacious Buffy

QnDani said...

Oh, Bodacious Buffy -

How do I say thank you to such a beautiful tribute? I guess by simply saying "thank you"....from the bottom of my heart - thank you!!

And just for the record....I sooooooooo love you too!!