With our belief in the importance of "still the mind, open the heart, nuture the body, and honor the soul" Three Sisters' Spirit opened its doors in November of 2008. Our vision was to create a place of respite from the hectic pace of every day life.

Whether it's heart centered gifts, (everything from the irreverent to the sacred) a wellness sanctuary for the mind, body and spirit (offering individual sessions of reiki, massage, integrative therapies, counseling and life coaching) or programs, classes, training and workshops to empassion the soul and ignite the creative spark, Three Sisters' Spirit offers guidance, encouragement, and support.


Sunday, January 31, 2010

Reiki Share

One of my favorite parts of becoming a Reiki Practitioner was the knowledge that I was entering into a community of healers – a circle of people linked energetically – a circle of people linked through their purpose and intent. Whether the benefit of your Reiki training has been to provide self-healing, healing for family and friends, or healing “for the masses,” it is vitally important to come together in groups to honor one another as healers.

One of the most important parts of my Reiki Practice has been participating in Reiki Share at Three Sisters’ Spirit. How can I advise clients, or counsel others, that Reiki is beneficial for their physical, mental, emotional, and spiritual healing if I myself do not experience Reiki healing? It is easy to make excuses, or to allow the demands of our daily lives to pull and tug at us, drawing us further away from caring for ourselves – but, one of my most difficult and hard-won lessons has been this: I cannot care for others if I do not first care for myself.

Attending Reiki Share is one way that I make sure that I make time to take care of myself – to set aside time, specifically, to attend to my needs as a person, and my needs as a healer. An additional benefit of attending Reiki Share has been the opportunity to gather together with others in an environment where I know that I am among those in the position to uniquely understand my concerns as a healer, and where I know I will be treated with support and acceptance.

I prepare – eagerly – to set aside time for myself this week, and to honor myself – as a healer. This Thursday, I will be hosting Reiki Share at Three Sisters’ Spirit in Downtown Waukesha from 6-7:30pm. Take this opportunity to honor yourselves – as both healer, and as a person in need of healing like everyone else! Hope to see you there!

Namaste,

Carolyn

No comments: